9 Most Common Symptoms of Insulin Resistance
Do you have no or have you ever had any of the following?
- Waist measurement of more than 53 inches
- Frequent cravings for sweet or salty, crunchy snack food and the need to eat often or eat excessive amounts of food. The feeling that you have no willpower when it comes to eating sweets and starchy carbs.
- A difficult time losing weight even if you exercise or cut back on your food intake and calories
- A problem with weight gain even when eating small amounts of food
- Weight gain mostly around your waist
- Skin tags (small, painless, flappy skin growths) on your neck, chest, breasts, groin area, or underarms. They appear as dark velvety patches, called Acanthosis Nigricans
- A history of irregular menstrual periods, especially skipping month and or a history of a polycystic ovarian disease
- Jitteriness, difficulty thinking, headaches, nausea that goes away when you eat
- A Body Mass Index (BMI) of 30 or higher or you are least 15 pounds overweight
♥️If you marked a check beside 3 or more of these questions you are likely to have insulin resistance. Insulin resistant is a condition that if left untreated can cause a wide range of chronic diseases ranging from diabetes, infertility to cancers. It simply means that your body has developed tolerance to the insulin hormone. s your cells to use glucose (sugar) for energy. People with insulin resistance have cells throughout their bodies that don't use insulin effectively. This means the cells have trouble absorbing glucose, which causes a buildup of sugar in their blood that causes a vicious cycle. You are more likely to get insulin resistance if you eat a diet high in sugars and carbohydrates, and once you get insulin resistance, losing weight and is hard, and the urge to eat sugar is constant. The more checks you have, the more likely you are affected. Many women who have trouble losing weight are asked to do endocrinological/hormone tests that come back negative. Check blood sugar panel ladies. Read the full article on www.hottiedetox.com and click on the blog. If you feel like you need some help losing weight, do the @hottiedetox you can lose weight without hunger or traditional dieting.Check with your doctor as he or she might encourage you to maintain a healthy weight. Hottie Detox is a weight loss program that encourages you to stop dieting and nourish your body while cleansing it from the inside out. 97% of participants have lost weight upon completion of the program, click here to join!
Making good lifestyle choices is the best way to get your blood glucose levels in the desired range and prevent insulin resistance and diabetes.
If you don’t have obvious symptoms, you doctor can usually detect insulin resistance, prediabetes, or diabetes with a blood draw.
One way to diagnose prediabetes or diabetes is with an A1C test. This test measures your average blood sugar over the previous two to three months.
- An A1C under 5.7 percent is considered normal.
- An A1C between 5.7 and 6.4 percent is diagnostic for prediabetes.
- An A1C equal to or above 6.5 percent is diagnostic for diabetes.
Your doctor may want to reconfirm the test results later. However, depending on the lab where you have your blood drawn, these numbers could vary by 0.1 to 0.2 percent.