Yum. So good with a glass of white wine! This simple, elegant appetizer is perfect for a last-minute New Year’s Eve get-together. Fresh goat cheese, nuts and honey add contrasting flavors and texture in one exquisite bite.
INGREDIENTS LIST FOR THE GOAT CHEESE GRAPE BALLS
- A bunch of your favorite grapes (red, green or seedless)
- 1lb (450g) of soft goat cheese
- 1/3 cup of shelled hazelnuts + 1/3 cup shelled pistachios
- A jar of liquid honey
1. Wash grapes and pat them dry. Chop hazelnuts and pistachios or crush them in a blender.
2. Next, roll the grapes between your palms in goat cheese pieces. Make sure to cover each individual grape well in the cheese.
3. Then spread gently a dash of honey on each goat-cheese-covered-grape and roll them individually in chopped hazelnuts or pistachios. Slice in half or leave them whole. Refrigerate until serving or eat them straight away with toothpicks.