This recipe is a game changer! 4 ingredients only and the result is a delicious home-made bread replacement that is practically carb free!
- 2 eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoons cottage cheese or 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or white vinegar
- seasoning (salt, pepper) and (1 g) packet sweetener (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325F or 160C degrees.
- Separate the eggs very carefully, there must be no yolk in the white.
- In one bowl, mix together the egg yolks, the 2 tablespoons of Cottage Cheese OR Cream Cheese and the seasoning, one packet of Sweetener until smooth.
- In the other bowl add lemon juice to the whites and beat the whites on high speed until they are fluffy and form nice peaks. Do not use any plastic ware during this step, plastic deflates the egg whites.
- Very carefully fold the egg yolk mixture into the egg whites until mixed, but try and not break down the fluffiness of the egg whites too much.
- Spray two cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- With a large spoon, "scoop" the mixture into 10 even rounds on the sheets (about the size of the top-half of the hamburger bun).
- Bake on the middle rack. Watch them, because the cooking time varies depending on the oven, it is somewhere around 1/2 hour, but it could be less or more. You just need to watch them until them become nice and golden brown (again, the color of a burger bun).
- Remove from the pans and cool on a rack or cutting board.
- While warm they are crumbly, - let cool completely and they will totally change their consistency.