Check out my HEALTHY gingerbread man cookies! This healthy Holiday recipe for gluten-free cookies uses NO flour! Instead, I used chickpeas and 3 other ingredients found in your pantry! You can roll out this cookie dough, so you can get the festive shapes you love for the holidays - without the calories and fat! Directly from the Hottie Detox festive meal plan!
1 can chickpeas, rinsed and patted dry
1 cup nut butter (almond, peanut, ...)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2-1 cup maple syrup, honey, or no calories sweetener
Unsweetened/ dairy free chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 375°F. Combine all the ingredients, except for the chocolate chips, in a food processor and process until very smooth. Make sure to scrape the sides and the top to get the little chunks of chickpeas and process again until they're combined.
- Put in the chocolate chips and stir it if you can, or pulse it once or twice. The mixture will be very thick and sticky.
- With wet hands, spread the mixture onto a Silpat or a piece of parchment paper, press down slightly on the dough. Very important step- chill the dough for an hour if you want crispy cookies. Use gingerbread man (or any other shape you desire) cookie cutter.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes. The cookies will still be very soft when you take them out of the oven. They will not set like normal cookies unless you chill the dough for 1 hour in the fridge and let them completely cool.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature (or in the fridge) for up to 1 week.
Click to start the holiday 4 week detox!