1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
2 cups water
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small onion, diced
2 cloves garlic,
Minced meat (we used ground turkey breast)
1 cup or can diced tomato
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
3 bell peppers, tops cut off and seeded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a deep baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Mix quinoa and water together in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until quinoa is tender and water is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion and garlic until fragrant and slightly translucent, 5 to 7 minutes. Add Ground Turkey and tomato; cook until slightly tender, 5-7 minutes. Add water if needed; cover and simmer until vegetables have softened, about 10 more minutes.
- Stir quinoa into mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Fill bell peppers with quinoa-vegetable mixture. Place peppers in prepared baking dish. Cover dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bell peppers are slightly tender, about 18 minutes. Remove aluminum foil cover; sprinkle peppers with mozzarella cheese. Bake until cheese is bubbling and melted, about 5 more minutes.